A ministry of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas
15 full members and 1 associate member
Readings on the Catholic, Mercy ethos of our institutions
Programs focuses on mission development, advocacy, and accountability
Institutional press releases related to identity and mission
• Use the results of the decennial Mercy Mission Accountability Self-Study and Peer Review processes to identify key elements of the Catholic, Mercy mission for the institutions sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy.
• Clarify and educate concerning the role of sponsorship and the authority of the ecclesial public juridic person—both at the presidential, senior management, and local board levels:
• incorporate specific and in-depth discussion on sponsorship within the orientation sessions of each new president; hold initial sessions at the Institute headquarters;
• develop a unit on sponsorship to be used in the orientations of local board members.
• Identify all parts within the structure of CMHE and make explicit the roles that each part plays.
• Address the two-tier relationships within the affiliations of the member institutions to the Sisters of Mercy; where possible, simplify and aim for collegial relationships.
• Clarify the financial accountabilities of institutions with the CMHE Board.
• Encourage continuous communication of information at all levels—horizontally, vertically, intra- and inter-Conference.
• Conduct five-year follow-up reviews to the decennial studies, as resources (both human and financial) permit.