A ministry of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas
15 full members and 2 associate members
Readings on the Catholic, Mercy ethos of our institutions
Programs focused on mission development, advocacy, and accountability
Institutional press releases related to identity and mission
Seventeen remarkable institutions across the United States represent the Mercy mission in higher education
2/12/17 Vice President for Finance and Administration, Maria College
Reporting to the President, the Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA) is Maria College’s chief financial and administrative officer. The VPFA provides leadership and executive oversight for a broad range of financial and support operations, including financial planning and budgeting, controller functions, auditing, cash and investment management, accounts payable, procurement, payroll, student financial services (including student financial aid) financial administration of donor gifts, contracts and grants, information technology services and human resource management.
The ideal candidate will embrace the Mercy mission of Maria College and be a strategic thinker, team builder and team player who enjoys working in collegial partnership with the institution's senior team.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field required; CPA or CMA certification preferred.
• Broad-based experience in strategic financial planning, finance and accounting, budgeting, treasury and investments, information technology, real estate matters and HR law.
• Minimum of 3 years related experience, preferably in higher education or a similar/non-profit work environment, including supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Program Regulations and Compliance Requirements, and appropriate Code of Federal Regulations sections.
• Adept at creating and maintaining a dynamic, forward-looking operation that provides exceptional customer service and continuous quality improvement to a diverse constituency of students, faculty and staff.
Application Information: Please apply by sending a letter of interest with “Vice President for Finance and Administration” in the subject line and a current résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Maria College is an Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its enrollment or employment practices for any reason, including race, sex, color, national origin, creed, sexual orientation, or mental or physical disability. We invite applications from qualified candidates who share our commitment to providing caring service to others. Information about the services, activities and facilities accessible to the disabled may be obtained in the Office of Student Services, Marian Hall. For further information regarding Title IX and 504, contact Ann Reis, Title IX Coordinator at 518.861.2598.